Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tri Tronics Sport Basic G3 Electronic Dog Collar This instant


I got this collar about 2 months when treats and positive reinforcement were not helping much outside the house. Even with chicken and hot dogs in my hand my dog would run about and just do his own thing. i've tried every suggestion on the internet and have read multiple training books. This was my last resort as my dog's safety became an issue. In the house my dog is fine and mastered the sit/stay command, leave it, drop it, roll over, beg, shake paw, wave, and stand. However, once he is outside in the park and off leash his energetic side takes over and not even chicken or hot dogs can get him to obey the above mentioned commands. My dog is a highly energetic 1 and a half year old weimaraner/greyhound mix. Even having him outside and exercising him for about 3 hours a day was not enough to bring down his energy level to the point that he would obey my commands. One day he ran into the parking lot of an open park and it took me over a half hour and a near heart attack to get him back. I hadn't returned with him to the park and he was restricted to gated dog runs, which meant less time exercising since these dog runs are far away from my house. I followed the instructions and the dvd training that came with it, as well as, researching online. This collar has definitely changed my life and my dog's life. I now bring him on a regular basis to the open park and i hardly ever have to use the collar. He even sits and stays when he sees another dog and won't move unless i give the command. I even walk him back to the car off leash, which i park in the street. I'm still amazed that this is the same dog that use to run circles around me and fly to the other end of the park and nearly run into a busy intersection and get hit by a car. People think that this is torture and inhumane. I've tried this on myself and it is not painful unless you go to the highest settings and even with my energetic dog i haven't had the need to even come close to the midway point on the remote. Like i said i hardly even use it now. i probably average 1-2 times of use in the park over a one hour span. Most importantly his "come" command is spot on and will drop anything he is doing once he hears the command. I love this collar and the only inhumane part would be keeping your dog trapped in the house rather than having him run out in the open chasing the ball,playing with other dogs, and just simply sniffing off leash by your side. Remember its important to use it responsibly and take your time training yourself first. You won't be dissappointed.Get more detail about Tri Tronics Sport Basic G3 Electronic Dog Collar.

No comments:

Post a Comment