Thursday, May 20, 2010

SportDOG SportHunter 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer (SD-800) Top Quality


I had purchased a cheap e-collar some time ago to keep my 65 pound dog from running off every time an interesting smell caught his fancy. The collar did not rate high enough to make him vocalize and he quickly learned that he could outrun the signal.

I also have a 170 pound Dane. The cheaper collar would not fit him so I never tried it but this system works great. A very few 2 second bursts at #4 has kept him from running off no matter what the temptation. A "nick" at 4 now keeps him firmly where he belongs and reminds him to ignore the chickens.

Back to 65 pound Scrappy, I wish I'd never tried the cheaper collar because he believes he can still outrun the signal. Even if I hurt him with it he keeps running to get away rather than coming back. Its going to take a lot of work to retrain his brain, but that is my fault not the equipment. All in all I'm very pleased.Get more detail about SportDOG SportHunter 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer (SD-800).

No comments:

Post a Comment