Friday, May 28, 2010

Discount Multivet Citronella Spray Refill Value Pack Box of 6


This product does exactly what it claims it does. It is easy to refill a citronella collar with it. I found citronella collars to work much better than battery shock collars. But they must be refilled frequently, and in my experience the collar didn't last long.

I have a little 9 lb. dog -- the smallest of my 3 dogs -- who barked incessantly the instant he went outside to go potty. He likes being out and wasn't barking to get in. He's not barking AT anything. I think he's trying to convince any would-be monsters that he is bigger and tougher than them, just in case any are listening. I was getting nasty-gram phone calls from my neighbors and I don't blame them.

One day when the collar wasn't working I blew my top, opened the sliding door and hit him in the face with the 16 oz. of water I was drinking as I yelled "quiet!" That impressed him a lot more than any collar had. I think he thought it akin to the worst thing in a dog's world "bath." lol!

I did it 4-5 more times (every time he barked) over the next week or so and that was all it took. He needs an occasional reminder every few weeks (he dodges the water expertly now so it never hits him), but for the most part he remains completely quiet while outside now, just wearing his regular collar. I always say "quiet" and that is generally enough. But he will easily go 6 weeks without a peep now. My neighbors and I are delighted.

Every dog is different, but you might give that a try. You don't want to wet a dog in cold weather, of course, so try this in the summer. In fact, one of those super summer squirt guns may be just the tool you need to reach over distance.
Get more detail about Multivet Citronella Spray Refill Value Pack Box of 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment